At PHI Clinic Malaysia, we are committed to our patients’ privacy and using their information in accordance with this policy.
The content on the PHI Clinic Malaysia website is intended to be general information and is provided only as a service. It is not medical advice and should not be taken as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat a health condition and is in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care.
- “sensitive personal data” means any personal data consisting of information as to the physical or mental health or condition of a data subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data as the Minister may determine by order published in the Gazette;
- "website" is www.phiclinicmalaysia.com or any other website, RSS feed or any other website, RSS feed operated by us from time to time.
1. Information which we collect about you
1.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
- i. Information which you provide to us from any of the input areas within the website.
- ii. Information which you provide to us by any other means including (without limitation) telephone, fax or post.
- iii. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. How we use your personal information
2.1 We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- i. to process your request for consultations.
- ii. to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- iii. to notify you about changes to our service.
- iv. to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- v. to keep you informed (with your consent) by electronic means, or other means, of information about specific funding, sponsorship and products that we think may be of interest to you.
- vi. marketing related information (with your consent)
2.2 We will cooperate, where it is required to do so, with enquiries from authorities which demonstrate a legal requirement for access to information about you. These include, but are not limited to: Malaysian and International Police Forces any other bona fide investigators on behalf of other agencies pursuing a lawful enquiry.
3. Communicating with you
3.1 You may contact us by any of the methods set out on our Contact us page of the website
4. IP addresses, cookies and links
4.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
4.3 The website may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other websites. PHI Clinic Malaysia does not have any control over these websites. Therefore, if you use these links to leave the website and visit websites operated by third parties, PHI clinic Malaysia cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these websites.
5. Your right to ask to see the information we hold about you
5.1 Upon the coming into force of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 you may request for us to provide you with details of personal information that we hold about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should send a written request through the Contact page of this website.
5.2 If you request us to do so, we will consider making changes to the information that we hold about you. We will change certain limited information that we hold about you where you tell us it is incorrect.
Understanding Your Health Record/Information
Each time you visit PHI Clinic Malaysia, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. This information, often referred to as your medical record, works to have us serve you better.
PHI Clinic Malaysia will to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information,
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you,
- Abide by the terms of this notice,
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction, and
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or alternative locations.
- We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. Should our information practices change, we will mail a revised notice to the address you've supplied us, or if you agree, we will email the revised notice to you.
We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice. We will also discontinue to use or disclose your health information after we have received a written revocation of the authorization according to the procedures included in the authorization.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If have questions and would like additional information, you may contact us through the contact page in this website.
*DISCLAIMER: Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery results can and will vary significantly between patients. Risks, potential complications, and/or permanent scarring are inherent with any surgical procedure. Before-and-after photographs are NOT guarantees that your results will be the same as or similar to another patient. Any and all information should be discussed in full detail with your surgeon prior to any procedure as the information found on this website is not a substitute for a personalized consultation and examination. Material on this website may include the views or opinions of other patients, parties, or specialists; external website links are not endorsements or under the control of PHI Clinic Malaysia.